There are times when finding the motivation to exercise is tough. Reminding yourself of why you do it can be a useful habit to get into. On the days when you are saying to yourself: "Ugh, I just got home from work and all I want to do is put on my pjs and pour myself a glass of wine" - please take a moment and remember why you started exercising in the first place. I found a list of 100 reasons to exercise and I am hoping you will find at least one that will motivate you enough to get up and go work out! Or, walk around your block. Or, take a bike ride. Something and anything that gets you moving. IT ALL COUNTS. Any movement is better than none at all.
The act of CHOOSING to move as opposed to sitting or lying down is an excellent exercise in itself. Changing your life pattern and thought process is arguably as important as the movement you choose to do.
The length of the list is quite daunting, so I am going to break it down over 10 days with 10 reasons listed per day (I didn't even need a calculator to figure that out).
Here is the first set (in no particular order!!):
* Because it makes you feel confident
* Because it helps you get stronger
* Because exercise helps combat depression
* Because you'll feel proud of yourself
* Because you have goals you want to reach
* Because you'll feel bad if you don't
* Because you want to move forward, not backward
* Because it burns more calories than not moving!
* Because it improves your health
* Because you want a great butt!
I hope something resonates with you and gets you going!!!! Next 10 tomorrow :)